Updated Road Closures:
- Beginning Sunday, June 25th at 5pm Crestway Drive from Prince of Wales to Leikin Drive will be closed until Friday, June 30th. Notification signs will be posted. Local and emergency vehicle access will be maintained. The impact to traffic will be low.
- Beginning Sunday, June 18th at 7pm, Heathwood Gate at Prince of Wales (the east side of the Crestway-Prince of Wales intersection) will be closed until Sunday, June 25th. Residents on the east side of Prince of Wales will be directed to Waterbridge Drive for access/egress from their community.
- On Sunday June 25th, the Contractor will re-open Heathwood Gate and flip the closure to the west side of the Crestway-Prince of Wales intersection, which will close Crestway Drive at Prince of Wales for a duration of one week, weather-permitting. During this time, residents may use the Waterbridge Drive intersection for access/egress to the community.
- On Sunday, June 11 at 7 p.m. the northbound lanes of Prince of Wales Drive will be closed nightly between Strandherd Drive and Fallowfield Road. The nightly closure will take place from Sunday night to Friday morning of each week, between the hours of 7 p.m. and 5 a.m., until late July. However, please note that there will be an additional closure the night of Friday, June 16. Signed detours will be in place for motorist and cyclists.
The City of Ottawa will be beginning construction of Prince of Wales Drive, as well as the Hunt Club Road and Riverside Drive intersection starting the beginning June. The modifications will improve the asphalt roadway along Prince of Wales Drive from 480m north of Strandherd Drive to Hunt Club Road, as well as complete a number of intersection improvements to mitigate the safety and flow of vehicular, cycling and pedestrian traffic along the Prince of Wales Drive corridor. Intersection improvements generally consist of widening to lengthen existing turning or through lanes, or to create new turning or through lanes. New traffic signals will be installed at several intersection locations. Residents may expect to see utility relocation work and pre-construction activities prior to the modifications. The Contractor is required to maintain a minimum of one lane of traffic in each direction along Prince of Wales Drive between 5am and 7pm;
Intersection modifications are:
- Prince of Wales Drive and Merivale Road intersection;
- Prince of Wales Drive and Amberwood Crescent intersection;
- Prince of Wales Drive, from Blazer Avenue to Deakin Street;
- Prince of Wales Drive and Deakin Street intersection;
- Prince of Wales Drive, from Deakin Street to Hunt Club Road;
- Prince of Wales Drive and Wellsmere Court intersection;
- Hunt Club Road and Riverside Drive intersection (east of Riverside Drive
The tentative construction schedules for June is as follows:
- Waterbridge Drive at Prince of Wales Drive (east side of POW), will be closed to traffic at the beginning of June for a period of up to two (2) weeks. Detours and signage will be in place;
- Waterbridge Drive at Prince of Wales Drive (west side of POW), will be closed to traffic beginning on June 19th for a period of up to two (2) weeks. Detours and signage will be in place to direct traffic to Crestway Drive;
- The proposed nightly closures of northbound Prince of Wales Drive, from Strandherd Drive to Fallowfield Road, are currently scheduled to begin the evening of Sunday, June 11th. The nightly closures of northbound traffic, between 7pm and 5am, will last approximately two (2) months. Work at nights are scheduled from Sunday night to Friday morning of each week (no proposed weekend closures of Prince of Wales at this time);
- Fairpark Drive at Prince of Wales Drive (west side of POW), will be closed to traffic during the nightly closures of northbound traffic.
For regular schedule and traffic updates on the project, please visit: http://bit.ly/2r4EqgU